Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 envelope (from a 2.75-ounce box) onion soup mix, prepared according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange bread slices on baking sheets and bake 5 minutes per side, until dry and golden.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange half the bread slices in a single layer over bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and top with remaining bread slices. Pour preparedonion soup over bread and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bread has absorbed most of the soup and cheese is golden.