Old Christmas lights sparked northeast Fresno Fire

FRESNO, Calif.

                  |   Watch Video Above for Extended Coverage   |

Firefighters got the call around nine o'clock at the home on Ascot, just off Fort Washington and Friant.

Fire crews put out most of the flames within fifteen minutes.

Much of the damage to the three thousand square foot home was contained to just the living room. Our cameras were allowed inside the take a look.

Fire investigators say faulty wiring on some old Christmas lights ignited a Christmas tree that had dried out.

The family apparently bought the tree before Thanksgiving.

Thankfully, firefighters were able to save the rest of the home.

The family and their dogs are staying with relatives.

         NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
        BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
Copyright © 2020 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.