Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 long (16- to 20-ounce) French baguette bread
- 4 slices American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and onions over medium-high heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, water, and brown sugar; cover and cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken.
- Remove skillet from heat then remove chicken from skillet. Using 2 forks, shred chicken by pulling it apart, or chop chicken into small pieces. Return chicken to skillet and stir until evenly coated with sauce. Return skillet to stovetop and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Cut baguette into 4 even pieces and slice each piece lengthwise in half. Divide chicken mixture evenly over the 4 bottom pieces of bread, top chicken with cheese slices, and serve.