Fire displaces 30 at an assisted living facility in Lindsay


                  |   Watch Video Above for Extended Coverage   |

It happened at the Mount Whitney Place on Honolulu Street near Mirage Avenue. The Lindsay Fire Department says no one was hurt, but the residents won't be able to stay there Saturday night.

The call came in around 4:30 Saturday morning. Investigators say the fire started after a resident hung clothes too close to a light bulb.

Firefighters say it took ten minutes to contain the flames. Crews are now working to clean up smoke and water damage. One resident told Action News, a neighbor alerted her.

Rosoin Erenn, resident said, "He came out of his apartment yelling and screaming that the apartment was on fire. I ran over there to see what was going on and by that time his apartment was all in flames."

The Red Cross is providing shelter for those displaced. A local thrift shop donated clothing and volunteers donated food.

Copyright © 2021 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.