Cooking Time: 45 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1-pound) package spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans condensed cheese soup
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain, return to pot, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; sauté onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms 6 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Add vegetable mixture and remaining ingredients to spaghetti; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place mixture in prepared casserole dish, cover, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Since we cook a lot of chicken recipes in our Test Kitchen, we always have leftovers that can be used in recipes like this. But you can also buy prepared chicken in your supermarket or you can make your own for this purpose -- whatever works best for you!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/Grandmas-Best-Casserole#wGkEAL18q0CFoFXg.99