- 1 1/2 quarts chocolate or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cherries
- 3 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- Hot fudge to garnish
- Whipped cream to garnish
- Line a 5- x 9-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream, walnuts, cherries, and bananas; mix well. Spoon into prepared pan, pressing down to mold to pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Invert ice cream onto cutting board and remove plastic wrap. Cut into 9 slices and wrap individually. Keep frozen until ready to serve, then unwrap and top with hot fudge and whipped cream.
- Feel free to make a lighter version by using frozen yogurt or a lighter ice cream. Same goes for the toppings!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Frozen-Dessert-Recipes/Decadent-Banana-Split-Slices#ZsxB9XmzsLWyhVXd.99