House fire sparked by unattended candle leaves 5 displaced in Visalia

VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Five people are displaced after a fire sparked inside their Visalia home early Monday morning.

Firefighters were called to Harter Avenue off County Center Drive just before 2 am.

Crews immediately began attacking the flames, which threatened a neighboring house.

More firefighters were called to help battle the fire. After about 30 minutes, crews were able to douse the flames.

Investigators believe the fire sparked from an unattended candle in a back room.

No one was hurt.

A third of the house was damaged.

Copyright © 2022 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.