Facebook threats had an Exeter middle school on alert

April 9, 2013 12:11:13 AM PDT
Parents and students at a South Valley middle school were on high alert after a threat was made on Facebook.

                  |   Watch Video Above for Extended Coverage   |

It claimed three teens wanted in connection to an attempted murder and kidnapping case of a woman near Exeter last week, were going to "shoot up the school."

Over the weekend, Las Vegas police recovered the victim's car and arrested pete spray, 17, but Wyatt Valle, 14, and 13-year-olds Logan Heath and Ronald Jones are still on the loose.

Exeter police don't believe the threat against Wilson Middle School is valid and couldn't connect it to any of the three remaining suspects, but district officials tell Action News - they didn't want to take any chances and sent out a district wide message to parents.

Tim Hire said, "In our business you can't communicate enough and when things arise like this where there's potential concern about student safety, we want to get out ahead of that and really let everyone know that student safety is a priority."

Exeter Union Superintendent Tim Hire says there will be more police presence and school supervision at all five campuses in the district until the suspects are caught.

-----------------

UPDATE: As of 8:00 p.m. on Monday, April 08, 2013 ? we're told the remaining suspects are in custody. We'll have an update tonight on Action News Live at Eleven.


Load Comments