Fresno Family Sleeps Unaware of Burning Home

FRESNO, Calif. Fresno county firefighters say the electrical fire at this home on Clovis Ave. started in the living room and was burning and smoldering all night long... But never triggered the smoke alarms because it moved up to the attic.

The family woke up to get ready for a normal school day when the mother smelled smoke.

Firefighters say they were able to save most of the family's possessions but the house is uninhabitable for now.

Copyright © 2021 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.