BakingTime: 20 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the salt; mix well.
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs with the milk. Stir in the chopped apple and melted butter. Add the apple mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. (Batter will be very stiff.) Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter, distributing evenly.
- Combine the walnuts, brown sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle the nut mixture evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately remove from the muffin pan. Serve warm.