Madera family losses home, wedding dress in fire

MADERA, Calif.

It happened in Madera on Avenue 18 near Vine. Fire fighters say the fire started in the garage, then quickly spread.

Most of the home was destroyed -- including a wedding dress owned by the homeowners daughter who is getting married soon. The homeowners were only able to get items from one room after the fire was out.

"The biggest hazard that we had in the beginning was the power drop to the house. The line was down so we weren't able to put anybody on the one side of the structure," said Rhonda Myers with the Madera Fire Department.

Firefighters say the home is considered a total loss.

Copyright © 2021 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.