Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sliced chives or 4 scallions, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place potato chunks in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and return potatoes to pot. Place back on heat 1 minute to make sure all water is gone.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.